St Mary's Calne present
20 March 2017
The UIV form from St Mary's Calne return to the egg with their production of Holes by Louis Sachar.
Stanley Yelnats is under a curse. A curse that began with his no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather and has since followed generations of Yelnatses. Now Stanley has been unjustly sent to a boys’ detention centre, Camp Green Lake, where the boys build character by spending all day, every day digging holes exactly five feet wide and five feet deep. There is no lake at Camp Green Lake. But there are an awful lot of holes.
It doesn’t take long for Stanley to realise there’s more than character improvement going on at Camp Green Lake. The boys are digging holes because the warden is looking for something. But what could be buried under a dried-up lake? Stanley tries to dig up the truth in this inventive and darkly humorous tale of crime and punishment - and redemption.
Fill your canteen, grab your shovel and join us to discover if the curse will ever be broken. And don’t forget to keep your eyes open for those yellow spotted lizards…!
InfoBack to top
Running Time: TBC
Times: 3.30pm & 7.30pm
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The recommended age ranges are for your guide only. We suggest you stick as closely to them as possible for the benefit of other audience members.
- Lap seats are available at £2 (including booking fee) for infants aged 0 - 2 years on the door; all patrons including infants must have a valid ticket.
- Lap seats are not available on performances recommended for children aged 0 - 2 years
- £2.50 transaction fee when booking online, plus an additional £1.00 postage fee, if required.
- A Booking Fee will apply to all transactions, whether made in person at our Box Office, by post or by phone, for all payment types.
- For all transactions of £15 or more the fee will be a total of £2.50, regardless of how many tickets are booked. For all transactions under £15 the fee will be £1.