Curious Monkey Theatre present
Age: 14 +
13 March 2017
Written by Paddy Campbell
Leaving home for the first time …
… is a step into the dark.
A whole new life.
If you’re leaving the care system, the reality hits even harder.
It tells the real stories of care leavers and their experiences at the pivotal moment when they leave care. It also gives voice to those working within the system from staff in children’s homes to MPs and policy makers.
Using the young people’s own words, an ensemble cast and an award-winning creative team will test the boundaries of verbatim theatre to bring these real voices to the stage.
Leaving will create an immediate, immersive experience that will change the way you think about young people in care.
Leaving is a Curious Monkey production, in association with Northern Stage and directed by Curious Monkey’s Artistic Director Amy Golding (preggers, Beats North, Mamela).
InfoBack to top
Contains Strong Language
Running Time: 1 hour 45minutes including interval
Tickets: £8.50/£7.50 children
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The recommended age ranges are for your guide only. We suggest you stick as closely to them as possible for the benefit of other audience members.
- Lap seats are available at £2 (including booking fee) for infants aged 0 - 2 years on the door; all patrons including infants must have a valid ticket.
- Lap seats are not available on performances recommended for children aged 0 - 2 years
- £2.50 transaction fee when booking online, plus an additional £1.00 postage fee, if required.
- A Booking Fee will apply to all transactions, whether made in person at our Box Office, by post or by phone, for all payment types.
- For all transactions of £15 or more the fee will be a total of £2.50, regardless of how many tickets are booked. For all transactions under £15 the fee will be £1.