National Theatre Connections presents
The Monstrum and The School Film
Age: 12 +
8 April 2017
THE MONSTRUM by Kellie Smith
Performed by Nuffield Youth Theatre
In a cold village on the edge of nowhere, a disease has broken out, infecting the young and transforming them into monstrous creatures. The villagers fearfully watch their children for symptoms of the disease, whilst the Mayor has adopted tough measures for dealing with those who are infected. When Bolek, the local scholar, makes a breakthrough in finding a cure, few are prepared for the gruesome nature of the treatment. But with his own daughter showing signs of infection, there is no choice than to stop this terrible disease dead in its tracks.
A gothic melodrama about the terrifying onset of adolescence.
THE SCHOOL FILM by Patrick Marber
Performed by TAYC
"What are great expectations?"
"It means he's going to be rich. And a gentleman"
The whole school assembles in the hall to watch 'the school film' which turns out to be an old British classic from the 1940s, in black and white no less. As the young viewers absorb the adventures of the characters in the old story they begin to discover what their own expectations might be.
InfoBack to top
Running Time: 2 hours 30 minutes including an interval
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The recommended age ranges are for your guide only. We suggest you stick as closely to them as possible for the benefit of other audience members.
- Lap seats are available at £2 (including booking fee) for infants aged 0 - 2 years on the door; all patrons including infants must have a valid ticket.
- Lap seats are not available on performances recommended for children aged 0 - 2 years
- £2.50 transaction fee when booking online, plus an additional £1.00 postage fee, if required.
- A Booking Fee will apply to all transactions, whether made in person at our Box Office, by post or by phone, for all payment types.
- For all transactions of £15 or more the fee will be a total of £2.50, regardless of how many tickets are booked. For all transactions under £15 the fee will be £1.