National Theatre Connections presents
Extremism and Status Update
Age: 12 +
5 April 2017
EXTREMISM by Anders Lustgarten
Performed by Chagford Youth Theatre
The police just took Jamal away. Because Miss Tomlinson called them. Because she had to. Because of Prevent. But now Miss Tomlinson and the police are gone, and all that’s left is a shell-shocked class. Who knew Jamal?
What did he do? And what is gonna happen next? A play about fear, friendship and the creeping polarisation of our society.
STATUS UPDATE by Tim Etchells
Performed by New College, Swindon
We know facts. We know secrets. We have opinions, we have intuition and we have the stage. Status Update is an unflinching and funny catalogue of the things teenagers learn, believe and have sussed out about the world. From the ridiculous to the highly charged, all these truths and half-truths are laid bare before us, without the safety net of character or fiction.
InfoBack to top
Running Time: 2 hours 30 minutes including an interval
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The recommended age ranges are for your guide only. We suggest you stick as closely to them as possible for the benefit of other audience members.
- Lap seats are available at £2 (including booking fee) for infants aged 0 - 2 years on the door; all patrons including infants must have a valid ticket.
- Lap seats are not available on performances recommended for children aged 0 - 2 years
- £2.50 transaction fee when booking online, plus an additional £1.00 postage fee, if required.
- A Booking Fee will apply to all transactions, whether made in person at our Box Office, by post or by phone, for all payment types.
- For all transactions of £15 or more the fee will be a total of £2.50, regardless of how many tickets are booked. For all transactions under £15 the fee will be £1.